What can you buy with crypto? Who accepts Bitcoin? Can I pay with cryptocurrency? Still not sure about the answers? BTCMEX got you covered with the list of Bitcoin-friendly places and services.
Where to spend Crypto by BTCMEX
Still far from mass adoption, but more and more online platforms, retail shops and services around the world started accepting cryptocurrency payments. Bitcoin ATMs are also popping up in shopping malls. Today you can pay for dinner or even buy groceries with crypto. The world’s biggest retailers started accepting Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, etc. payments.
Here is the list of the most Bitcoin-friendly cities, industries, shops, and services.
1. San Francisco, U.S.: 177 merchants and 29 Bitcoin ATMs
2. Vancouver, Canada: 86 merchants and 48 Bitcoin ATMs
3. Amsterdam, the Netherlands: 74 merchants and one Bitcoin ATM
4. Ljubljana, Slovenia: 51 merchants and 5 Bitcoin ATMs
5. Tel Aviv, Israel: 58 merchants and 4 Bitcoin ATMs
6. Zurich, Switzerland: 64 merchants 8 Bitcoin ATMs
7. Tampa, U.S.: 93 merchants and 13 Bitcoin ATMs
8. Buenos Aires, Argentina: 130 merchants and 3 Bitcoin ATMs
9. New York, U.S.: 122 merchants and 117 Bitcoin ATMs
10. London, U.K.: 88 merchants and 74 Bitcoin ATMs
Data provided by Investopedia ranked in order of the strongest Bitcoin presence as of mid-2019.
- Computer and electronics
- Gift cards
- Movie theaters
- Food, drink, and restaurants
- Fashion and jewelry
- Gold, Precious metals and stones
- Real estate
Wikipedia, Microsoft, and Expedia are named to be the leading Bitcoin-friendly companies. While Amazon, the biggest online retailer today, doesn’t accept Bitcoin directly. You can still use third-party apps to pay in crypto on Amazon.
Burger King, KFC, Subway, and Domino’s Pizza are the early BTC adopters in food and beverages.
PureVPN and ExpressVPN are gladly accepting Bitcoin. Mobile and Internet providers started accepting crypto in many countries as well.
Aside from the big companies, there are many small and medium businesses that accept Bitcoin as well. While not a lot of places accept Bitcoin directly, it’s clear to see that the adoption of Bitcoin as a payment method is increasing with each year.
Please note, that the article is a part of BTCMEX Blog, the views and opinions expressed here are the contributing author’s only, and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.
Julia Bulakh for BTCMEX