A Limit Order is an instruction to buy or sell on the exchange at a specific pre-set price or better.
To place a Limit Order on BTCMEX go to "Trade". You will find the "Place an Order" section on the left from the Trading Chart.
- Select the Order Type: Limit.
- Input the number of contracts in "Quantity". Note! One contract is 1 USD.
- Input the Limit Price - the BTC/USD price at which the order will be executed.
- Choose the Leverage you want to apply to your position.
- Click "Buy" to open a Long position, or "Sell" to open a Short position.
- Confirm your Order.
After the confirmation, you'll receive the notification, that the order has been submitted.
You can check the details of your order in the window under the BTCMEX Trading Chart.
Learn more about Limit Orders in the official Trading Guide.