BTCMEX respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through bellow items within the Policy. www.btcmex.com is organized primarily to provide registered users with Bitcoin Services.
1. User agreement
Upon your log into BTCMEX, regardless of whether you register with BTCMEX, you shall be deemed to accept, agree, undertake and confirm that:
1.1 You, on the basis of your own free will and your requisite consent, agree to disclose your personal information to us;
1.4 You agree that BTCMEX may contact you in connection with the products and Services that you may be interested in (unless you have indicated that you do not want to receive such information).
2. Information Collected
2.1 We process personal data about you when you interact with us, our Websites, our APPs or other Services (including API). The data includes:
- your name, email address/username, password and other login/security details (e.g. APP passcode, two-factor authentication token seed record, public PGP key), and login records;
- your payment details/Bitcoin wallet address;
- your account and portfolio details, such as live and historical orders, trades and positions, and balances;
- your site and account preferences, including site notification, sounds, and confirmation dialogs and leaderboard preferences;
- any personal data you submit for ID verification purposes, and your self-reported location plus the geolocation of the IP address you connect from;
- your marketing and other communication preferences, and a record of any consents you have given us;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our Website or APPs, as well as data that tells us which features of the Website/APP are popular, or suffer from issues we need to fix;
- customer Service notes and other records.
2.2 We will aim to mark data fields as optional or mandatory when collecting personal data from you via forms. Note, in particular, that to create an account, engage in transactions, and where necessary, prove your identity, the provision of personal data is typically mandatory.
2.3 We do not collect fingerprints, facial recognition data, or other biometrics.
3. Purposes of Collecting Information
3.1 We will use your information that we collect for the following purposes or in the following ways:
(a) to provide you with our Services through our Website;
(b) to identify and confirm your identity when you use our Website;
(c) to improve and upgrade the Services of the Website;
(d) to keep statistics relating to the use of our Website;
(e) to personalize your experience;
(f) to facilitate transactions;
(g) to send e-mail;
(h) to meet other purposes as specified in the User Agreement of this Website.
3.2 We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer information or allow others to collect or use information; however, such information does not involve the following parties and does not include the following information: our affiliates trusted third parties who help us operate our Websites, manage our business, or provide services to you, provided that such parties agree to keep such information confidential, so it will not be used for purposes other than providing service to you or marketing.
5. Cryptographic Hashes
Users sending Bitcoin to this Website through the use of cryptographic hashes and keys take full responsibility for the risks involved. By using Services offered by BTCMEX you will automatically accept liability of any losses, damages or implications incurred through the use of this Website. BTCMEX and its owners will not be held liable for any losses of Bitcoin.
No cryptographic private keys or Bitcoin private keys are held on BTCMEX servers. Bitcoins sent to cryptographic public keys displayed on this Website are immediately forwarded to offline vaults.
7. External Links
Although this Website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this Website.
8. Fully-automated decision-making
BTCMEX instruments are highly leveraged. To keep positions in these instruments open, traders are required to hold a percentage of the value of the position on the exchange, known as the Maintenance Margin percentage. If you cannot meet your maintenance requirement, and liquidation is therefore triggered, we will cancel open orders on the current instrument, you will be partially or fully liquidated, and your maintenance margin can be lost. For more on that process, check the FAQ here.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch with our contact point for privacy queries at email@example.com